Skip to main content

The Soil Has Been Turned

 2022...I have spent the last month thinking about what this year has meant to me, how it has changed me, what I have learned, the ways that I have grown and what God has done. When I started this year with the phrase "Turning the Soil" I did not know what to expect but I knew I was expectant. I was ready for God to do something in me that He had never done before. 

Last year when I felt God giving me this phrase to define the coming new year I looked up (googled) "turning the soil" and this a few of the things that struck me: turning over and breaking up the soil; disturbing the roots of the weeds; best to till when the soil is dry; helps cushion the force of pounding raindrops; allows oxygen and vital nutrients to reach the roots. 

Let me tell you, when God says it He delivers! My ground (my heart) was dry, it was hard and it was thirsting for something different. 

This past year I have spent time with God in prayer and diving into His word. I have prayed for my kids, my husband and others like I never have before. I have listened and acted when I knew God was speaking to me. I have stopped praying for things because I heard Him tell me my faith was lacking and it was time to stop talking about it. He has told me to stop questioning what I know He has already spoken and start doing it. I have prayed out loud to & over my kids when God told me fear was holding them back and then I saw them do the thing that they were afraid to do. I have pushed through hurts and kept praying when I wanted to give up. I have forgiven. I have healed. I have kept my words to myself at times when I wanted to spew hurt back at people but knew that was not what would be pleasing to my Father, instead I prayed for them. Our church family has prayed over us and spoken God's truth's into our lives when we needed it most. I have seen God's promises come to fruition. Some of His promises we are still standing on and praising Him until He says it is time. The storms no longer overtake me and make me feel like I am drowning. God's glory has rained down on me, soaking my heart. My soil has been turned, broken and made fresh. 

I am thankful for the growing and the weeding that my heart and mind has gone through this year. The drought has ended but my heart is more thirsty now, for the presence of the Lord, than is was before. 

God is good to me. 

And I will give you a new heart and I will put a new spirit in you. I will take out your stony, stubborn heart and give you a tender, responsive heart. Ezekiel 36:26 NLT

God Bless, 
Denissa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Made New...

I read my Bible every morning as soon as Grace and Justice (JC) leave for school. I used to open it and flip through it to different books and verses and then one day it hit me...I'm not really getting anywhere... So now I read an entire book at a time. I also check off the books I have completed on the contents page at the front. It is my goal to read every book in the Bible before I die!! :) Right now I am reading Isaiah. I'm only to Chapter 13 but already I can relate my life, especially my past, to the Judians. In chapter 1 Isaiah is preaching about religious hypocrisy... I grew up in a christian home, I accepted Christ as my Savior when I was 8. I went to church with my family every Sunday morning and night and on Wednesday evenings. I knew without a doubt that God is real and that he cared for me. I knew he was there whenever I wanted him to be. As I got into high school I was a super christian when I was at church, around my parents or other "churchy" peopl

February 12, 1999

On Friday, February 12, 1999 my life was changed forever. I was a senior in High School. That night, like most Friday nights, I was with Cody. It was almost time for my curfew so I started home. We lived about 10 miles out in the country. I was almost out of town when I came upon a one car wreck. It had just happened, maybe a couple minutes before I got there. There was someone on a phone outside of the pickup, I assumed they were calling 911. There was a pickup that was sideways in an old building. Most of the pickup was covered with ruble from the building collapsing on top of it. I couldn't tell very much about the pickup because it was damaged and, like I said, covered up, but there was one very distinguishing part of the paint job on the pickup that I immediately noticed. The pickup belonged to a very close friend of mine and my brother, I'm talking brother close!! His name was Jeremy, we called him JC, he was 19. Panic set in almost immediately! I knew that my real

My Way or God's Way???

I am a planner. I like to know when, what and where. I want to know what is going to happen and at what time so that I can be prepared. I am so much of a planner that when I am going to a meeting or having a confrontation with someone I plan out our conversation in my head. I know, call me crazy, but this is a fact about my personality! I went to a meeting this week with a group of women to plan something. I was not the leader, just an attendee. I had spoke with the leader of the pack prior to the meeting and she had asked me to do something, so being the planner that I am, I had my game plan ready in time for the meeting. At the meeting we are discussing and planning and throwing ideas around the table. The task I was asked to do finally came up (and I was excited because like I said I already had the WHOLE conversation planned out!) but then the conversation veered off of my path quickly. This was my reaction...WHAT??!! NO!! THAT IS NOT WHAT I PLANNED!!! The rest of the meeting I