Skip to main content

God is Faithful...All the Time!

I did not realize it has been almost 2 months since I have blogged! Oh how time flies!! The past two months have been a blur of busyness, excitement, nervousness, joy and watching God perform miracles in our lives!! We have been raising money for our Zambia trip and that means countless fundraisers on top of our everyday lives with three kids, spending time with our extended family and throw in our youth kids activities also. It has been a whirlwind of two months but we have enjoyed every busy second of it and would not trade it for any thing!!!

When we were scheduling some fundraisers for the Zambia trip I really felt the Holy Spirit saying to me not to take any money from the fundraisers for my husband and I, for us to raise our own funds to go. So I told the lady that is kind of like our mission trip organizer that even though we would be at every fundraiser Cody and I would not take any money from the fundraisers for our trip, that we would raise our own funds. I did this without my husband being present and without talking to him about it first. So when I broke the news to him lets just say he was more than a little upset!! I said to him if we step out in faith God will be faithful!

Less than 24 hours after the discussion with my husband we received an email telling us that his trip would be paid for in full and that my trip and our daughters trip would be $1000 less than what it was originally! We were speechless and amazed! God was already showing us his faithfulness!!

I make homemade cinnamon rolls for my family, it is one of my sons very favorite foods that I make. I have made them for family and friends and they are always a huge hit any time I take them somewhere. I made some for a youth fundraiser a while back and it did really well. So I told my husband I can sell cinnamon rolls to raise money for my trip. I prayed about it and I asked God to let me sell 70 pans of rolls a month. So I set some dates on the calendar starting in September going through December that I would take orders for five days and then deliver the rolls. The week in September came for me to start taking orders, on the first day, Monday, I was up to 50 pans ordered! I once again was amazed! By the second day I had reached my goal, so in my mind I am thinking okay I reached my 70 pans thank you Lord! I am done! But God had bigger goals for me and my rolls than I could ever imagine!! At the end of the first week, Friday, I had 84 pans of rolls ordered, PRAISE GOD!!! My mother-in-love and sister-in-love came and helped me make 10 batches of cinnamon rolls. I still had two batches to make the following week, by Wednesday I was up to 4 batches! I ended up making and selling 105 pans of cinnamon rolls in less than two weeks time!!! All glory to God!!!

I was hoping and praying that I could just sell 70 pans and I even doubted that I could sell that many! God went above and beyond what my mind could ever imagine! I am so guilty of putting restrictions and limitations on God and what He can do. God has shown me there is nothing that He cannot do, that when we ask for something that we think is too big He will go even bigger. My husband was so upset with me because I said we would raise our own funds, he said to me that we do not have that kind of money, there is no way that we can raise that kind of money on our own. He was right we cannot do it on our own but God can do it for us! If there is something God has laid on your heart to do and you are doubting yourself then let me encourage you to let God take control, step out on faith and let God do the rest. I promise you He will not let you down, He will not let you fail and He will take whatever it is and go way beyond what you ever thought it could be!! Our eyes only see what is in front of us at the moment but His eyes see all the way to the finish line. Step out in faith and GOD WILL BE FAITHFUL!!!

God bless,
Denissa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Made New...

I read my Bible every morning as soon as Grace and Justice (JC) leave for school. I used to open it and flip through it to different books and verses and then one day it hit me...I'm not really getting anywhere... So now I read an entire book at a time. I also check off the books I have completed on the contents page at the front. It is my goal to read every book in the Bible before I die!! :) Right now I am reading Isaiah. I'm only to Chapter 13 but already I can relate my life, especially my past, to the Judians. In chapter 1 Isaiah is preaching about religious hypocrisy... I grew up in a christian home, I accepted Christ as my Savior when I was 8. I went to church with my family every Sunday morning and night and on Wednesday evenings. I knew without a doubt that God is real and that he cared for me. I knew he was there whenever I wanted him to be. As I got into high school I was a super christian when I was at church, around my parents or other "churchy" peopl

February 12, 1999

On Friday, February 12, 1999 my life was changed forever. I was a senior in High School. That night, like most Friday nights, I was with Cody. It was almost time for my curfew so I started home. We lived about 10 miles out in the country. I was almost out of town when I came upon a one car wreck. It had just happened, maybe a couple minutes before I got there. There was someone on a phone outside of the pickup, I assumed they were calling 911. There was a pickup that was sideways in an old building. Most of the pickup was covered with ruble from the building collapsing on top of it. I couldn't tell very much about the pickup because it was damaged and, like I said, covered up, but there was one very distinguishing part of the paint job on the pickup that I immediately noticed. The pickup belonged to a very close friend of mine and my brother, I'm talking brother close!! His name was Jeremy, we called him JC, he was 19. Panic set in almost immediately! I knew that my real

Grace

Since Grace's birthday was a couple weekends ago I am going to dedicate this week's post to her!!! In my last post I shared a little about how she became so today I want to tell you a story about her but first I decided to google the word grace, here are a few things I came across that really hit home for me: Grace is the only thing that gives us power to stand Grace is a free gift a special favor: privilege These three statements sum up our Grace but today I am going to focus on the first statement: Grace is the only thing that gives us power to stand. In December 2005, Grace was 2 almost 3 when I had a miscarriage. Grace was my reason for living during these weeks and months that followed. When I look back now I truly believe if not for Grace I literally would have laid in bed and mourned myself to death. She was the only reason that I got out of bed in the morning. I am not trying to take anything away from Cody, he is my husband and I love him but during this se