Skip to main content

PLANS

I know the plans that I have for you, declares Yahweh. They are plans for peace and not disaster, plans to give you a future filled with hope. Jeremiah 29:11 (Names of God Bible)

Yahweh (YHWH): Comes from a verb which means “to exist, be.” This, plus its usage, shows that this name stresses God as the independent and self-existent God of revelation and redemption (from Bible.org)


As I sit in the still and quiet of this house my eyes drift to the chaos of life around me, my mind wants to drift to the days past of 2015 but my heart only wants to focus on the days to come. In years past I would anticipate the new year with great expectations but I have since learned that life happens and life is hard. Life can be fabulous but it can also be dreary. Life events do not respect the newness of a new year, they happen none the less, good or bad, regardless of what the calendar reads. 

One of my new year traditions, as many of you know but some do not, is to ask God for a word and verse for the coming year. For 2015 it was Faith, Unless your faith is firm, I cannot make you stand firm. Isaiah 7:9b (NLT). I learned that my faith is weak and at some points during 2015 it was nonexistent. God never left me but at times I left Him. It was a very trying year for myself, my marriage, my family. I do not want to go back to those times. What happened happened...it is done...it cannot be redone or undone...it is done. 

I tend to have big ideas that never pan-out in life, as they do in my mind. I make plans that fall through. I calculate every word, motion, breath, God calculates differently than me. I have found my mind many times going over these calculated plans as my eyes adjust to see the unplanned movements happening in front of me. I catch myself, in these moments of uncertainty, asking God "Where are YOU?!" I hear Him answer back "I Am with you. My plans are not your plans." I find myself asking back in anger, "What are YOUR plans?!" My mind whirling, anger surrounding me, I hear..."MY PLANS are not to harm you, they are plans for good and plans for hope. My plans are for hardships that equal growth. My plans are for you." 

Within the last few weeks many times I have been asked "What do you plan to do?" by loved ones around me. I have come to realize I do not know. The plans I had were my plans, not God's plans. The plans I had did not work. I no longer have any plans. 

Today I will walk the path that God as placed before me, one step at a time, one day at a time, some moments one second at a time.  I no longer have plans, it is time for Yahweh's PLANS. PLANS of redemption and revelation.  


I know the plans that I have for you, declares Yahweh. They are plans for peace and not disaster, plans to give you a future filled with hope. Jeremiah 29:11 (Names of God Bible)

God Bless,
Denissa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Made New...

I read my Bible every morning as soon as Grace and Justice (JC) leave for school. I used to open it and flip through it to different books and verses and then one day it hit me...I'm not really getting anywhere... So now I read an entire book at a time. I also check off the books I have completed on the contents page at the front. It is my goal to read every book in the Bible before I die!! :) Right now I am reading Isaiah. I'm only to Chapter 13 but already I can relate my life, especially my past, to the Judians. In chapter 1 Isaiah is preaching about religious hypocrisy... I grew up in a christian home, I accepted Christ as my Savior when I was 8. I went to church with my family every Sunday morning and night and on Wednesday evenings. I knew without a doubt that God is real and that he cared for me. I knew he was there whenever I wanted him to be. As I got into high school I was a super christian when I was at church, around my parents or other "churchy" peopl

A New Year...

I cannot believe the beginning of another year is upon us!! Every year during the month of December my thoughts always seem to drift back over what happened that year. Many things came to mind, I will share a few of the bigger things that happened in 2011 and seemed to shape my year; our oldest daughter was diagnosed with ADHD, my grandfather passed away and I worked my aunt's Walk to Emmaus but I have to say that the number one thing that changed my life in 2011 was a challenge I accepted in January. KLOVE radio challenged its listeners to ask God to give them one word for the year of 2011. Now, I must pause for a second and admit I really do not listen to KLOVE, I only listen to AIR1 but for some reason I changed stations and heard the DJ's talking about this challenge, a God thing, I would say so. So I thought okay God, I will do this, give me one word...immediately...PRAY...okay that seems pretty simple I pray pretty often. Little did I know how much this one simple word wo

February 12, 1999

On Friday, February 12, 1999 my life was changed forever. I was a senior in High School. That night, like most Friday nights, I was with Cody. It was almost time for my curfew so I started home. We lived about 10 miles out in the country. I was almost out of town when I came upon a one car wreck. It had just happened, maybe a couple minutes before I got there. There was someone on a phone outside of the pickup, I assumed they were calling 911. There was a pickup that was sideways in an old building. Most of the pickup was covered with ruble from the building collapsing on top of it. I couldn't tell very much about the pickup because it was damaged and, like I said, covered up, but there was one very distinguishing part of the paint job on the pickup that I immediately noticed. The pickup belonged to a very close friend of mine and my brother, I'm talking brother close!! His name was Jeremy, we called him JC, he was 19. Panic set in almost immediately! I knew that my real