Skip to main content

Be Still and Know

In 2017 God's constant whisper to my heart was "Be Still" along with the verse Psalms 46:10. 

It was not in the physical sense of the phrase, it was in the mental sense. My mind has a tendency to constantly wander. Very seldom are my thoughts ever still. As 2016 closed and 2017 began my heart was not still, nor where my thoughts.

As I googled Be Still I learned that it comes from the Hebrew word raphah meaning to mend (by stitching), i.e. (figuratively) to cure:--cure, (cause to) heal, physician, repair, X thoroughly, make whole. Be Still also refers to that which is slack, to let drop or to be disheartened or weak. Some of those words are seldom in my vocabulary (especially weak)!

At the beginning of this year I was in dire need of mending and healing; spiritually, mentally & even physically, but I did not want to be weak in order for that to happen.

I have learned that when I am able to be weak it is then that He is able to be strong. When I could no longer carry the burdens that life was dealing my God picked me up, along with those burdens, and He carried me through. He dealt with the things that I thought were impossible. 

As we approach a new year God has so faithfully stitched those wounds that I have carried for too many years. On days when my thoughts were racing and I was hopeless I chose to Be Still, I chose to let all things drop out of my control. That is when God chose to be I Am and not only repaired but restored.

As I look forward to 2018 God has called our family to big changes. I will start the new year with a new job. After more than 2 1/2 years at TownTalk Radio God has called me to be more involved with our business, Rescue Plumbing. I will start answering phones and doing bookkeeping for the business. Cody and I prayed for months about this transition and felt it very heavy on our hearts to make the change. What a blessing that our business has grown in just over a years time!! Cody is no longer able to handle the business on his own. 

It is not easy leaving a job and co-workers I loved. I am thankful for the time I had at TTR. It was a God-ordained time of healing for me. I know without a doubt God put me there during that season so that He could use each person there to speak truth and love into my heart. I will be forever grateful for the friendships that were created!

As we begin this new season in our family and our business I will continue to Be Still but in that stillness I will PRAISE Him for whatever is to come!

God bless,
Denissa


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Made New...

I read my Bible every morning as soon as Grace and Justice (JC) leave for school. I used to open it and flip through it to different books and verses and then one day it hit me...I'm not really getting anywhere... So now I read an entire book at a time. I also check off the books I have completed on the contents page at the front. It is my goal to read every book in the Bible before I die!! :) Right now I am reading Isaiah. I'm only to Chapter 13 but already I can relate my life, especially my past, to the Judians. In chapter 1 Isaiah is preaching about religious hypocrisy... I grew up in a christian home, I accepted Christ as my Savior when I was 8. I went to church with my family every Sunday morning and night and on Wednesday evenings. I knew without a doubt that God is real and that he cared for me. I knew he was there whenever I wanted him to be. As I got into high school I was a super christian when I was at church, around my parents or other "churchy" peopl

A New Year...

I cannot believe the beginning of another year is upon us!! Every year during the month of December my thoughts always seem to drift back over what happened that year. Many things came to mind, I will share a few of the bigger things that happened in 2011 and seemed to shape my year; our oldest daughter was diagnosed with ADHD, my grandfather passed away and I worked my aunt's Walk to Emmaus but I have to say that the number one thing that changed my life in 2011 was a challenge I accepted in January. KLOVE radio challenged its listeners to ask God to give them one word for the year of 2011. Now, I must pause for a second and admit I really do not listen to KLOVE, I only listen to AIR1 but for some reason I changed stations and heard the DJ's talking about this challenge, a God thing, I would say so. So I thought okay God, I will do this, give me one word...immediately...PRAY...okay that seems pretty simple I pray pretty often. Little did I know how much this one simple word wo

Zambia Misson Trip Day 3- London

June 21, 2013 Daily Scripture (typed exactly like it was sent): Philippians 4:6 says don't worry about anything, instead PRAY about everything. Tell God what you need: and thank him for what he has done. AMEN! So stay the course. Keep believing!! You may be tired, discouraged and frustrated but don't give up... OUR GOD IS FAITHFUL!!! Happy Friday... Have a wonderful weekend! (I am getting glory bumps just typing this and remembering what all we encountered that day! (Grin)) We spent the night in the airport. I laid down in 2 hard plastic chairs and crashed. When I woke up I noticed people around Grace and me (she was asleep with her feet at my head in the next two chairs). I went around to get my glasses on the other side of the chairs from where we were sleeping. I slipped my glasses on, I looked up and the very first thing I saw was a girl dressed in black pants, with a black hoodie, with the hood on her head, with dark eyes, looking at me from under her hood. The stare