Skip to main content

Zambia Mission Trip Day 2- London

June 20, 2013

Daily Scripture (typed exactly as it was sent!):
Good morning!! Scripture for the day...Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let NOTHING move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. Amen! 1 Corinthians 15:58
Second text that day: Annnd...Quote of the day. "Do not ask God to guide your steps if you are not willing to move your feet." Ouch! That one got me a littel bit... :)

It has been a LONG 2 days!! Lots of time on the plane. Lots of motion sickness. We took an open top bus tour around London today. London is fabulous, so much beautiful architecture and amazing history. We all wore our "I am Second" shirts and I am amazed at how many people here have no idea what it means. I pray that a seed has been planted in each heart that has asked "Who is first?"

We were late getting back to the airport and missed our flight (security check-in) by minutes. I got sick in the taxi on the way to the airport. I do not remember the last time that I was so sick from traveling- it has been awhile and I hope it is awhile before I am again. We got our tickets moved to the next flight out (a hour after the first) but the group went to get our backpacks out of the locker (I stayed behind because I was still sick) and they wouldn't let us on that flight either (through security). It has been a hectic, crazy day, filled with moments of intense stress, but we know God is in charge! I have NO doubt that God did not want us on those airplanes. When we missed the first flight we found out that Rusty, Cade, Cody, Grace and Kailey were originally on the 2nd flight with Shelby. I find it odd that our ticket itinerary did not show the three of us split up but the airline did. I'll hand that one to the enemy- he tried to split us up but God is bigger than that and He stepped in and crushed the enemies attempts. We see the enemy lurking and trying to defeat us but we know our strength is from the Lord and thankfully the Lord ALWAYS wins! We will possibly leave tomorrow but again the flights are split, 6 on each flight. We are praying and trusting God right now.

 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Made New...

I read my Bible every morning as soon as Grace and Justice (JC) leave for school. I used to open it and flip through it to different books and verses and then one day it hit me...I'm not really getting anywhere... So now I read an entire book at a time. I also check off the books I have completed on the contents page at the front. It is my goal to read every book in the Bible before I die!! :) Right now I am reading Isaiah. I'm only to Chapter 13 but already I can relate my life, especially my past, to the Judians. In chapter 1 Isaiah is preaching about religious hypocrisy... I grew up in a christian home, I accepted Christ as my Savior when I was 8. I went to church with my family every Sunday morning and night and on Wednesday evenings. I knew without a doubt that God is real and that he cared for me. I knew he was there whenever I wanted him to be. As I got into high school I was a super christian when I was at church, around my parents or other "chu...

The Choices that were Made

As I sit here listening to the sound of my kids playing with their presents from the first CHRISTmas in our house my mind wanders to moments from the past year. It has been almost a year since we signed papers on our home. So much has happened in this year, not all good but not all bad. We have had so many good, godly people standing around us through those good and bad times. Sometimes the ones that you think will be there holding your arms up are the first ones out the door when your strength is gone. In that moment is when you find the unexpected ones that grab hold of you with all their might, don't ask questions, just pray, love and speak what God lays on their heart for you. So many days I heard God whisper to my heart, asking if I was going to follow His plans or my own. So many hard decisions that were made. Decisions that did not always go the way I planned. So many moments when I did not want to follow God's plans. Those were the moments God placed people in my pa...

Joy

Don’t be dejected and sad, for the joy of the  Lord  is your strength!” Nehemiah 8:10b NLT The Lord is my joy. Not my husband. Not my children. Not myself. Not my job. Not my paycheck or my husband's. Not anything or anyone on this earth. My joy comes from my God. This was a hard realization that I had to come to within the past few weeks. I unknowingly put my joy into everything except the Lord. I would get so upset when my husband or kids made a mistake. I would get angry when life did not go my way. I was headed in a downward spiral fast  because of the fact that I was counting on people and things to provide my joy. That is impossible! Only God can provide my joy (If I choose to let him)! I remember the moment I can to this realization. My husband had done something (again). He was not filling my joy cup the way I thought he should, he was draining it and at this point it was bone dry. I was mad. He was mad. The kids were not happy. Even the dog kept her d...