Skip to main content

Dirt...

"Dirt is dirt and we've all got it no matter where we come from. I'm not sure Christ sees one kind of dirt as dirtier than the other. One thing is for sure: His blood is able to bleach any stain left by any kind of dirt." Beth Moore

I saw this quote on my facebook page last week. I read it and then read it again and then I wrote it down. As I continued to reread it the memory of me washing the kids hands in Zambia came to mind. My three kids love to play outside, especially at my parents house out in the country, and they can get all kinds of dirty when they are out there all day. The kids in Zambia are no different, in fact they are probably more dirty than my kids. When it came time to eat in the village the kids would line up to have their hands washed. I was given a bar of soap and one by one I rubbed their precious little, dirty hands with that bar of soap. Then someone else would rinse their hands by pouring a pitcher of water over them. It never mattered how dirty their hands were the soap and water cleaned all of the dirt off every time.

Some people might say that Zambian dirt is different than Texas dirt, and it might have a different texture even, but dirt is dirt no matter which side of the world you are on. Christ looks at those Zambian babies the same as He looks at my babies; He looks at all people the same. The soap in America may be different than the soap in Zambia but both still do the same thing, clean. The same Jesus that loves Americans loves Zambians. The same blood of Christ that was shed for Americans was also shed for Zambians. That same blood bleaches all of us the same way no matter what kind of dirt is on our skin, there is not a better type of dirt or sin, they are all the same in Christ's eyes.

Even though I have used Americans and Zambians in my thoughts it is not limited to just those people, in fact there is no limit on Jesus' blood for anyone.

God Bless,
Denissa

www.luyando.org

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Choices that were Made

As I sit here listening to the sound of my kids playing with their presents from the first CHRISTmas in our house my mind wanders to moments from the past year. It has been almost a year since we signed papers on our home. So much has happened in this year, not all good but not all bad. We have had so many good, godly people standing around us through those good and bad times. Sometimes the ones that you think will be there holding your arms up are the first ones out the door when your strength is gone. In that moment is when you find the unexpected ones that grab hold of you with all their might, don't ask questions, just pray, love and speak what God lays on their heart for you. So many days I heard God whisper to my heart, asking if I was going to follow His plans or my own. So many hard decisions that were made. Decisions that did not always go the way I planned. So many moments when I did not want to follow God's plans. Those were the moments God placed people in my pa...

Joy

Don’t be dejected and sad, for the joy of the  Lord  is your strength!” Nehemiah 8:10b NLT The Lord is my joy. Not my husband. Not my children. Not myself. Not my job. Not my paycheck or my husband's. Not anything or anyone on this earth. My joy comes from my God. This was a hard realization that I had to come to within the past few weeks. I unknowingly put my joy into everything except the Lord. I would get so upset when my husband or kids made a mistake. I would get angry when life did not go my way. I was headed in a downward spiral fast  because of the fact that I was counting on people and things to provide my joy. That is impossible! Only God can provide my joy (If I choose to let him)! I remember the moment I can to this realization. My husband had done something (again). He was not filling my joy cup the way I thought he should, he was draining it and at this point it was bone dry. I was mad. He was mad. The kids were not happy. Even the dog kept her d...

The Soil Has Been Turned

 2022...I have spent the last month thinking about what this year has meant to me, how it has changed me, what I have learned, the ways that I have grown and what God has done. When I started this year with the phrase "Turning the Soil" I did not know what to expect but I knew I was expectant. I was ready for God to do something in me that He had never done before.  Last year when I felt God giving me this phrase to define the coming new year I looked up (googled) "turning the soil" and this a few of the things that struck me: turning over and breaking up the soil; disturbing the roots of the weeds; best to till when the soil is dry; helps cushion the force of pounding raindrops; allows oxygen and vital nutrients to reach the roots.  Let me tell you, when God says it He delivers! My ground (my heart) was dry, it was hard and it was thirsting for something different.  This past year I have spent time with God in prayer and diving into His word. I have prayed for my k...